Wolfram Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Wolfram? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Wolfram
Contribute your knowledge to the name Wolfram
- Comments and insights on the name Wolfram
- Personal experiences with the name Wolfram
- Nicknames for Wolfram
- Meanings and history of the name Wolfram
From Old German Wolfram, of disputed origin; possibly Wulf (“wolf”) + Ram (“soot”); or Wulf (“wolf”) + Hramn (“raven”), probably meant to mean dark wolf or black wolf.
- Famous real-life people named Wolfram
Saint Wulfram of Sens - Archbishop of Sens in 7th century.
Wolfram von Eschenbach - German knight and poet in 12th-13th century
- Wolfram in song, story & screen
"Wolfram T" is the name of a galaxy in the SciFi series "Lexx", and is a reference to the show's executive producer, Wolfram Tichy.