Yaqub Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jacob:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Iacobus, which is from the Greek Iakōbos, a name derived from the Hebrew Yaakov. The name has its root in ya`aqob (seizing by the heel, supplanting). The name is borne in the Bible by the father of twelve sons who became the progenitors of the twelve tribes of Israel. Pet: Jake.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yaqub? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yaqub
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yaqub
- Comments and insights on the name Yaqub
Arabic form of Jacob
- Personal experiences with the name Yaqub
- Nicknames for Yaqub
- Meanings and history of the name Yaqub
- Famous real-life people named Yaqub
- Yaqub in song, story & screen