Yehonatan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jonathan:
Derived from the Hebrew Yonatan, a short form of Yehonatan which is derived from yehōnātān (Yahweh has given). The name is borne in the Bible by the eldest son of King Saul. Var: Jonothan, Jonothon. Short: Jon. Pet: Jonnie, Jonny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yehonatan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yehonatan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yehonatan
- Comments and insights on the name Yehonatan
Hebrew form of Jonathan
- Personal experiences with the name Yehonatan
- Nicknames for Yehonatan
- Meanings and history of the name Yehonatan
- Famous real-life people named Yehonatan
- Yehonatan in song, story & screen