Yehoshua Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joshua:
Derived from the Hebrew Yehoshua, which is from yehōshū’a (Jehovah is help, God is salvation). The name is born in the Bible by Moses’ successor, who led the children of Israel into the Promised Land. Short: Josh.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yehoshua? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yehoshua
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yehoshua
- Comments and insights on the name Yehoshua
- Personal experiences with the name Yehoshua
- Nicknames for Yehoshua
- Meanings and history of the name Yehoshua
Yehoshua is the Hebrew form of Joshua.
- Famous real-life people named Yehoshua
- Yehoshua in song, story & screen