Yoel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joel:
A borrowing from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin, Joel is from the Ecclesiastic Greek Iōēl, a name derived from the Hebrew Yoel, which is from yō'ēl (the Lord is God). The name is borne in the Bible by a minor Hebrew prophet (5th century B.C.?) whose prophecies and preachings are found in the book of Joel.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yoel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yoel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yoel
- Comments and insights on the name Yoel
- Personal experiences with the name Yoel
- Nicknames for Yoel
- Meanings and history of the name Yoel
Yoel is the Hebrew form of Joel.
- Famous real-life people named Yoel
- Yoel in song, story & screen