Yunus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jonah:
Derived from the Hebrew yōnāh (dove). The name was borne by a Hebrew prophet famous for being thrown overboard in a storm and being swallowed by a great fish for disobeying God. He was deposited unharmed upon the shore three days later. His personal history is recounted in the Old Testament book of Jonah.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yunus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yunus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yunus
- Comments and insights on the name Yunus
- Personal experiences with the name Yunus
- Nicknames for Yunus
- Meanings and history of the name Yunus
- Famous real-life people named Yunus
- Yunus in song, story & screen