Yusef Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joseph:
Derived from the Hebrew yōsēf (may he add, God shall add). The name is borne in the Bible by a favorite son of Jacob and Rachel (GEN. 30), by the husband of the Virgin Mary and foster father of Jesus (MATT. 1), and by Joseph of Arimathea, a rich Jew and secret follower of Jesus, who helped take Jesus' body from the cross to prepare it for burial, and supposedly took the Holy Grail to England (JOHN 19).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yusef? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yusef
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yusef
- Comments and insights on the name Yusef
Arabic form of Joseph; also spelled Yusuf
- Personal experiences with the name Yusef
- Nicknames for Yusef
- Meanings and history of the name Yusef
- Famous real-life people named Yusef
- Yusef in song, story & screen