Yvan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ivan:
A Russian name, Ivan is a cognate of John (God is gracious), which is from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Joannes and the Ecclesiastic Greek Iōannes, derivatives of the Hebrew yōhānān, a contraction of yehōhānān, (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yvan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yvan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yvan
- Comments and insights on the name Yvan
French form of Ivan
- Personal experiences with the name Yvan
- Nicknames for Yvan
- Meanings and history of the name Yvan
- Famous real-life people named Yvan
Yvan Attal, an Israeli-born French actor and director
- Yvan in song, story & screen