Zachariah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zachary:
English cognate of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Zacharias (remembrance of the Lord), which is from the Hebrew Zecharya, a derivative of zĕcharyah (God remembers, memory).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zachariah? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zachariah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zachariah
- Comments and insights on the name Zachariah
- Personal experiences with the name Zachariah
- Nicknames for Zachariah
Zach & Zachy Mom's favorite...Zacharooni
Zach, Zack, Zac, Zak
- Meanings and history of the name Zachariah
In the Hebrew, "God Remembers"
The Lord Remebers
- Famous real-life people named Zachariah
- Zachariah in song, story & screen
Zachariah Smith, character in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Zachariah, character from Avi's The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.
Zachariah, an angel from the show Supernatural