Zacharie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zachary:
English cognate of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Zacharias (remembrance of the Lord), which is from the Hebrew Zecharya, a derivative of zĕcharyah (God remembers, memory).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zacharie? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zacharie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zacharie
- Comments and insights on the name Zacharie
- Personal experiences with the name Zacharie
- Nicknames for Zacharie
- Meanings and history of the name Zacharie
It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "the Lord recalled". Variant of Zachary; Zacharie is one of several names from the Old Testament that have revived into favor in modern times.
French form of Zacharias.
- Famous real-life people named Zacharie
Zacharie Cloutier, one of the earliest European settlers of Quebec, Canada.
- Zacharie in song, story & screen