Zalman Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Solomon:
Derived from the Hebrew shĕlōmōh (peaceful). The name is borne in the Bible by the son and successor of King David, renowned for his wisdom and ability to communicate with animals.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zalman? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zalman
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zalman
- Comments and insights on the name Zalman
- Personal experiences with the name Zalman
- Nicknames for Zalman
Zalmy, Zalmanke, Zalmen, Zelman.
- Meanings and history of the name Zalman
Zalman is the Yiddish form of Solomon.
- Famous real-life people named Zalman
- Zalman in song, story & screen