Abbagayle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abbagayle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abbagayle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abbagayle
- Comments and insights on the name Abbagayle
- Personal experiences with the name Abbagayle
Came up with this spelling for my 2nd daughters name. I loved Abigail, but I love to be unique in spellings.
- Nicknames for Abbagayle
- Meanings and history of the name Abbagayle
- Famous real-life people named Abbagayle
- Abbagayle in song, story & screen