Abbiegayle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abbiegayle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abbiegayle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abbiegayle
- Comments and insights on the name Abbiegayle
- Personal experiences with the name Abbiegayle
Its my daughters name and i think its just a nicer way o spell abbiegayle
- Nicknames for Abbiegayle
- Meanings and history of the name Abbiegayle
it means my fathers joy wish i think is lovly as she is our first daughter and a daddys lil girl
- Famous real-life people named Abbiegayle
- Abbiegayle in song, story & screen