Abbygael Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abbygael? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abbygael
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abbygael
- Comments and insights on the name Abbygael
This person goes by 'Abby'
- Personal experiences with the name Abbygael
My friend's name is Abbygael.
- Nicknames for Abbygael
- Meanings and history of the name Abbygael
- Famous real-life people named Abbygael
- Abbygael in song, story & screen