Abigale Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abigale? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abigale
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abigale
- Comments and insights on the name Abigale
- Personal experiences with the name Abigale
*I love how my name is spelled Abigale, instead of Abigail. It makes such a common name really unique. I go by Abby though!!
* Ditto! Abigale is a tad cuter (spelling wise) than Abigail.
- Nicknames for Abigale
Be, Abby, Abz, Gale, Ab
- Meanings and history of the name Abigale
Joy of the Father
- Famous real-life people named Abigale
Abigale "Abby" Lee Miller, Dance instructor, choreographer, and the director and owner of Reign Dance Productions. She is also the founder of the Abby Lee Dance Company.
- Abigale in song, story & screen
Abigale "Abby" Scuito, NCIS