Abigél Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Abigél
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abigél
- Comments and insights on the name Abigél
Hungarian form of Abigail
- Personal experiences with the name Abigél
- Nicknames for Abigél
- Meanings and history of the name Abigél
- Famous real-life people named Abigél
- Abigél in song, story & screen