Abilee Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abilee? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abilee
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abilee
- Comments and insights on the name Abilee
- Personal experiences with the name Abilee
All my girls are "LEE" Kaylee, Leslee, Abilee, and Witlee
- Nicknames for Abilee
- Meanings and history of the name Abilee
- Famous real-life people named Abilee
- Abilee in song, story & screen