Abygayle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abygayle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abygayle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abygayle
- Comments and insights on the name Abygayle
- Personal experiences with the name Abygayle
- Nicknames for Abygayle
- Meanings and history of the name Abygayle
- Famous real-life people named Abygayle
- Abygayle in song, story & screen