Aïcha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aisha:
Derived from the Arabic 'Āisha (alive and well), which is from 'āsha (to live). The name is borne by the Prophet Muhammad's third and favorite wife.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aïcha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aïcha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aïcha
- Comments and insights on the name Aïcha
- Personal experiences with the name Aïcha
- Nicknames for Aïcha
- Meanings and history of the name Aïcha
French form of the Arabic name Aisha
French form of AISHA. Used in countries that speak French but have a majority Muslim population, like northern Africa.
- Famous real-life people named Aïcha
- Aïcha in song, story & screen
"Aïcha" is a French song by the Algerian singer Khaled.