Adalaide Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Adelaide:
Variant of the Germanic Adelheid (nobility), a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble) and heit (kind, sort): hence, "nobility."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adalaide? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adalaide
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adalaide
- Comments and insights on the name Adalaide
A variant spelling of Adelaide.
- Personal experiences with the name Adalaide
- Nicknames for Adalaide
- Meanings and history of the name Adalaide
- Famous real-life people named Adalaide
Adalaide Marie Hope Kelley (b. 2012), daughter of American actress, film producer, and former fashion model Katherine Heigl
- Adalaide in song, story & screen