Addolorata Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dolores:
Derived from the Spanish dolores (sorrows, aches). The name, bestowed in honor of the Virgin Mary, "Maria de los Dolores" (Mary of the Sorrows), makes reference to the seven sorrows of Mary in her relationship with her son.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Addolorata? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Addolorata
Contribute your knowledge to the name Addolorata
- Comments and insights on the name Addolorata
Italian equivalent of Dolores.
- Personal experiences with the name Addolorata
- Nicknames for Addolorata
- Meanings and history of the name Addolorata
Addolorata is used in Italian and means "sorrowful." It is used to honor Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Famous real-life people named Addolorata
- Addolorata in song, story & screen