Adelaida Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Adelaide:
Variant of the Germanic Adelheid (nobility), a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble) and heit (kind, sort): hence, "nobility."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adelaida? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adelaida
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adelaida
- Comments and insights on the name Adelaida
- Personal experiences with the name Adelaida
- Nicknames for Adelaida
Ade, Adele, Addy, Addie, Laida, Laidy, Dela
- Meanings and history of the name Adelaida
Spanish and Hungarian form of ADELAIDE
- Famous real-life people named Adelaida
- Adelaida in song, story & screen
'Adalida' by George Strait