Aelish Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alice:
A name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aelish? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aelish
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aelish
- Comments and insights on the name Aelish
- Personal experiences with the name Aelish
- Nicknames for Aelish
- Meanings and history of the name Aelish
Meaning: Truth Teller; Of a Noble Kin
- Famous real-life people named Aelish
- Aelish in song, story & screen