Ailbhe Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ailbhe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ailbhe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ailbhe
- Comments and insights on the name Ailbhe
- Personal experiences with the name Ailbhe
- Nicknames for Ailbhe
Ali, Alvie, Albey
- Meanings and history of the name Ailbhe
Traditional Irish Gaelic from Old Irish albho "white." In medieval times this was a boy's name, but it is now mainly used as a girl's name.
Pronounced : AL-vah
Possibly derived from the old Gaelic root albho meaning "white". In Irish legend this was the name of a female warrior of the Fianna. It was also the name of a 6th-century masculine saint.
- Famous real-life people named Ailbhe
Saint Ailbe (a.k.a. Ailbhe) ?-526
- Ailbhe in song, story & screen