Ainslie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ainsley:
Transferred use of the Scottish surname taken from the place-name Ainsley, which is derived from the name element Æne's or Ægen's and the Old English lēah (wood, clearing, meadow, enclosure).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ainslie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ainslie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ainslie
- Comments and insights on the name Ainslie
- Personal experiences with the name Ainslie
- Nicknames for Ainslie
- Meanings and history of the name Ainslie
Variant of AINSLEY
- Famous real-life people named Ainslie
Ainslie Prior, children's book author.
- Ainslie in song, story & screen