Alaine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elaine:
Variant form of Helen (light). The name was borne in Arthurian legend by a woman of Astolat who loved Sir Lancelot.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alaine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alaine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alaine
- Comments and insights on the name Alaine
This is a variation of the name Elaine.
PRONOUNCED: ə-LAYN (English), a-LEN/al-EN (French)
- Personal experiences with the name Alaine
- Nicknames for Alaine
- Meanings and history of the name Alaine
Presumably a variant of Elaine (French: Élaine) influenced by Alain or Alaina.
- Famous real-life people named Alaine
Alaine, a Jamaican American reggae singer and songwriter
Alaine Huntington, actress
- Alaine in song, story & screen