Albertina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alberta:
Feminine form of Albert, which is from the Old High German Adalbrecht (bright through nobility), a compound name composed from the elements adal (noble) and beraht (bright, famous). Var: Albertina, Albertine, Elberta, Elbertina, Elbertine. Short: Berta.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Albertina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Albertina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Albertina
- Comments and insights on the name Albertina
Variant of Alberta.
PRONOUNCED: ahl-ber-TEE-nah (Italian, German)
- Personal experiences with the name Albertina
- Nicknames for Albertina
Al, Allie, Bertie, Tina
- Meanings and history of the name Albertina
Feminine diminutive of ALBERT
- Famous real-life people named Albertina
- Albertina in song, story & screen