Albia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Albia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Albia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Albia
- Comments and insights on the name Albia
PRONOUNCED: ahl-BEE-ah (Basque)
- Personal experiences with the name Albia
- Nicknames for Albia
- Meanings and history of the name Albia
From Latin via Occitan, meaning "white" or "fair"
Taken from the name of a grotto in the Aralar Range in the Basque Mountains where a dolmen was discovered in 1915, as well as from the name of a suburb of Bilbao where Sabino Arana Goiri was born. Goiri was a writer, creator of the Basque flag, founder of the Basque Nationalist Party (PNV) and is generally considered "the father of Basque nationalism".
- Famous real-life people named Albia
- Albia in song, story & screen