Aleanor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleanor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the element ēlē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Aleanor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aleanor
- Comments and insights on the name Aleanor
A different, unusual, creative spelling of Eleanor. Pronounced
- Personal experiences with the name Aleanor
I only know one person with this name. I like it because it's rare but everyone ALWAYS misspells it and mispronounces it, even after they've known her for a year!
- Nicknames for Aleanor
Lena, Leana, Al, Als, Ali, Leelee, Lili, Neenee, Nini, Nina, Neana, Nana
- Meanings and history of the name Aleanor
Same as Eleanor.
Variant of Aliénor
- Famous real-life people named Aleanor
- Aleanor in song, story & screen