Alecto Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alecto? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alecto
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alecto
- Comments and insights on the name Alecto
OTHER SCRIPTS: Αληκτω (Ancient Greek)
- Personal experiences with the name Alecto
- Nicknames for Alecto
- Meanings and history of the name Alecto
Alecto was one of the three Furies in Greek mythology.
Meaning: unceasing in anger.
Latinized form of Greek Αληκτω (Alekto) which was derived from αληκτος (alektos) "unceasing". This was the name of one of the Furies or Ερινυες (Erinyes) in Greek mythology.
- Famous real-life people named Alecto
- Alecto in song, story & screen
Alecto Carrow, a Death Eater in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Alecto (f), character in Greek mythology