Alejandra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alejandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alejandra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alejandra
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain, 2010
- Mexican Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Mexico
- Chilean Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Chile 2010
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alejandra
- Comments and insights on the name Alejandra
- Personal experiences with the name Alejandra
I'm a nineteen-year-old Alejandra of mixed heritage (I have some Cuban in me, some Polish, and some Scots-Irish), and I've lived in the western, southern, and eastern U.S. I've only met one or two other Alejandras in my life, and often have been frustrated by how often my name is mispronounced or misspelled. Mostly to avoid the mispronunciation issue, I often go by Alex. Despite these frustrations, I really love my name, and when people hear how it's supposed to be pronounced, get compliments on how pretty it is.
- Nicknames for Alejandra
Ale, Alex, Jani, Sandra, Alondra, Allie, Alej, AC, boo
- Meanings and history of the name Alejandra
Feminine form of the Spanish Alejandro, meaning "defender of mankind"
Spanish form of ALEXANDRA
- Famous real-life people named Alejandra
Alejandra Guzman, Mexican actress and singer.
Alejandra Orozco, Olympic silver medalist in diving (2012)
- Alejandra in song, story & screen