Aleksandrina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Aleksandrina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aleksandrina
- Comments and insights on the name Aleksandrina
OTHER SCRIPTS: Александрина (Russian, Bulgarian)
- Personal experiences with the name Aleksandrina
- Nicknames for Aleksandrina
- Meanings and history of the name Aleksandrina
Pet form of Russian Aleksandra, meaning "defender of mankind"
Diminutive of ALEKSANDRA
- Famous real-life people named Aleksandrina
Aleksandrina Naydenov, professional Bulgarian tennis player
- Aleksandrina in song, story & screen