Alesha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alicia:
Variant of Alice, a name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alesha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alesha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alesha
- Comments and insights on the name Alesha
- Personal experiences with the name Alesha
- Nicknames for Alesha
- Meanings and history of the name Alesha
Variant of ALICIA
- Famous real-life people named Alesha
- Alesha in song, story & screen