Alessa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexa:
A short form of Alexandra (defender or helper of mankind), Alexa is also bestowed as an independent given name and is thus derived from the Greek alexein (to defend, to help).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alessa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alessa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alessa
- Comments and insights on the name Alessa
- Personal experiences with the name Alessa
- Nicknames for Alessa
- Meanings and history of the name Alessa
Pet form of Italian Alessandra, meaning "defender of mankind"
Short form of ALESSANDRA
- Famous real-life people named Alessa
- Alessa in song, story & screen
Alessa Gillespie in the video game series Silent Hill.