Alessandria Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexandria:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alessandria? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alessandria
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alessandria
- Comments and insights on the name Alessandria
It is a city in northern Italy.
- Personal experiences with the name Alessandria
Everyone tends to spell and pronounce it wrong. Depending on whether you are from the North or the South depends on how you pronounce it.
- Nicknames for Alessandria
Ali, Alice, Sandy, Andy, Rhea, Alex
- Meanings and history of the name Alessandria
It means the protector of men.
- Famous real-life people named Alessandria
- Alessandria in song, story & screen