Alexius Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexis:
Derived from the Greek alexein (to defend, to help).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alexius? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alexius
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alexius
- Comments and insights on the name Alexius
While Alexis has become a common girl's name, Alexius & Alexios are still overwhelmingly male.
- Personal experiences with the name Alexius
when i was in highschool, i took the parenting class and named my doll this, i thought it sounded greek
- Nicknames for Alexius
- Meanings and history of the name Alexius
Latinized form of the Greek Alexios, associated particularly with the Byzantine Empire.
- Famous real-life people named Alexius
- Alexius in song, story & screen