Alienor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleanor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the element ēlē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alienor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alienor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alienor
- Comments and insights on the name Alienor
- Personal experiences with the name Alienor
- Nicknames for Alienor
- Meanings and history of the name Alienor
Medieval form of Eleanor.
- Famous real-life people named Alienor
- Alienor in song, story & screen
Aliénor de la Chapelle in Tracy Chevalier's 'The Lady and the Unicorn'.