Alienore Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleanor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the element ēlē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alienore? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alienore
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alienore
- Comments and insights on the name Alienore
Comes from Alienore of Aquitaine, who is now known as Eleanor. Eleanor is the English version of Alienore, which is Medieval French.
- Personal experiences with the name Alienore
- Nicknames for Alienore
Allie, Ella, Nora
- Meanings and history of the name Alienore
- Famous real-life people named Alienore
Alienore of Aquitaine, the wife of both Henry II and Louis VII
- Alienore in song, story & screen