Alisande Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alessandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alisande? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alisande
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alisande
- Comments and insights on the name Alisande
- Personal experiences with the name Alisande
This is my name! The "E" on the end is silent in the full variation, so it's "Al-ah-sand" but mostly I go by Sande (pronoucing the "E" this time, just slight spelling variation for Sandy.)
- Nicknames for Alisande
- Meanings and history of the name Alisande
Feminine form of Alisander. All meaning's I can find relate this back to "Alexander" -- defender of mankind.
- Famous real-life people named Alisande
- Alisande in song, story & screen
1) from "Le morte Darthur" (1893) by Sir Thomas Malory Alisander; 2) from "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" (1889) by Mark Twain (where I was named from) Alisande; 3) the A Wizard in Rhyme series by Christopher Stasheff Alisande.