Alissia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alicia:
Variant of Alice, a name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alissia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alissia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alissia
- Comments and insights on the name Alissia
- Personal experiences with the name Alissia
- Nicknames for Alissia
- Meanings and history of the name Alissia
Variant of Alicia
- Famous real-life people named Alissia
- Alissia in song, story & screen