Alizabeth Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alizabeth? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alizabeth
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alizabeth
- Comments and insights on the name Alizabeth
I know someone name Alizabeth and she is called Ali. Variant spellings could be Alyabeth
- Personal experiences with the name Alizabeth
Alizabeth is my name!(; I love that its a twist of a beautiful classic name. Variants are Alyzabeth, Alisabeth, Alysabeth.
- Nicknames for Alizabeth
Ali, Ally, Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Liza
- Meanings and history of the name Alizabeth
Variant form of Elizabeth, or possibly a blend of a name beginning with Al- (like Alison) with Elizabeth.
- Famous real-life people named Alizabeth
- Alizabeth in song, story & screen