Allissa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alyssa:
A variant of Alicia (nobility), Alyssa is alternatively derived from the alyssum flower.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Allissa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Allissa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Allissa
- Comments and insights on the name Allissa
- Personal experiences with the name Allissa
- Nicknames for Allissa
- Meanings and history of the name Allissa
Derived from the Alyssum flower.
Allissa \a(l)-lissa, all(is)-sa\ is a variant of Alice (Old German), Alisa (Hebrew), Alyssa (Greek) and Elissa (Greek), and the meaning of Allissa is "noble, exalted; great happiness; rational; from the blessed isles".
Variant of ALYSSA
- Famous real-life people named Allissa
- Allissa in song, story & screen
"Miss Allissa" by Eagles of Death Metal.