Alouette Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lark:
Taken from the name of the songbird, which is derived from the Middle English larke, laverke (lark).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alouette? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alouette
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alouette
- Comments and insights on the name Alouette
- Personal experiences with the name Alouette
- Nicknames for Alouette
- Meanings and history of the name Alouette
Alouette is French for Lark
- Famous real-life people named Alouette
- Alouette in song, story & screen
Children's song, "Alouette, gentille alouette, alouette je te plumerai". Cute song, but it's about plucking a bird's feathers... je te plumerai = I will pluck you.