Altagracia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Altagracia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Altagracia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Altagracia
- Comments and insights on the name Altagracia
Our Lady of Altagracia (Our Lady of Alta Gracia) is the patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Her feast day is January 21st.
OTHER FORMS: María de Altagracia
- Personal experiences with the name Altagracia
- Nicknames for Altagracia
- Meanings and history of the name Altagracia
The literal meaning of Altagracia is "high grace"; referring to Mary having received the highest grace of being the mother of Jesus.
An epithet of the Virgin Mary in Christianity, taken from the Latin alta,"high" and gratia, "grace", thus meaning "of high grace". The María de Altagracia is the patron saint of the Dominican Republic.
- Famous real-life people named Altagracia
- Altagracia in song, story & screen