Alvina Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alvina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alvina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alvina
- Comments and insights on the name Alvina
- Personal experiences with the name Alvina
- Nicknames for Alvina
- Meanings and history of the name Alvina
The name "Alvina" comes from the Hebrew for ‘Wise Friend’, or the Old English / High German which translates into ‘Elf Friend’ or ‘Noble Friend’. It is an uncommon name, first appearing in England during the medieval period and then experiencing a small resurgence in the 20th century.
- Famous real-life people named Alvina
- Alvina in song, story & screen
Alvina (Viney) Vetch, who lives down the road from the Smuckers family and marries Max Smuckers, in the internet comic blog The Greasers of Hazzick Flats http://www.thegreasersofhazzickflats.blogspot.com