Alysa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alyssa:
A variant of Alicia (nobility), Alyssa is alternatively derived from the alyssum flower.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alysa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alysa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alysa
- Comments and insights on the name Alysa
Alysa is a respelling of Alyssa, popular in the 90s.
- Personal experiences with the name Alysa
- Nicknames for Alysa
- Meanings and history of the name Alysa
- Famous real-life people named Alysa
Alysa van Haastert, Canadian actress
Alysa Stanton, the first ordained female African-American rabbi
- Alysa in song, story & screen