Amal Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amal? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amal
- Comments and insights on the name Amal
The name Amal is a unisex name meaning 'hope' or 'aspiration' in Arabic. It is spelled أمل in Arabic.
Amal is also a Hebrew masculine name found in the bible. In the Hebrew language Amal means 'work' and was the name of an Asherite in the Old Testament.
- Personal experiences with the name Amal
- Nicknames for Amal
- Meanings and history of the name Amal
- Famous real-life people named Amal
Amal McCaskill (b. 1973), American basketball player
Amal Hijazi (b. 1978), Lebanese singer and pop icon
Amal Alamuddin (b. 1978), British-Lebanese human-rights lawyer
- Amal in song, story & screen