Amandla Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amanda:
Derived from the Latin amanda (lovable, worthy to be loved). Amanda originated as a literary coinage of English playwright Colley Cibber (1671 - 1757).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amandla? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amandla
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amandla
- Comments and insights on the name Amandla
It's a very pretty and stylish variant of Amanda
- Personal experiences with the name Amandla
- Nicknames for Amandla
- Meanings and history of the name Amandla
- Famous real-life people named Amandla
Amandla Stenberg, a young actress best known for her role as Rue in the film The Hunger Games
- Amandla in song, story & screen