Amarantha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amarantha:
Derived from amaranth, the name of a family of colorful plants and flowers, which is derived from the Greek amarantos (unfading). In legend, the amaranth flower is an imaginary flower that never fades and never dies. Var: Amaranth.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amarantha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amarantha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amarantha
- Comments and insights on the name Amarantha
- Personal experiences with the name Amarantha
- Nicknames for Amarantha
- Meanings and history of the name Amarantha
Amarantha means "Unfading" in Greek and is a real life plant, the Amaranth plant.
- Famous real-life people named Amarantha
- Amarantha in song, story & screen
Amaranth is a song by the band Nightwish
"To Amarantha; That She Would Dishevell Her Haire" a poem by Richard Lovelace