Amia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mia:
Danish and Swedish pet form of Maria, which is also commonly bestowed as an independent given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amia
- Comments and insights on the name Amia
- Personal experiences with the name Amia
Very Independent but sweet and quiet. Kinda bossy though
- I named my daughter Amia..its a beautiful name meaning beloved..which has the same meaning as my and my husbands name in our language, so it was a perfect fit for our first child.
- Nicknames for Amia
Mimi, Mia, MiaoMiao, Yaya, Mumu
- Meanings and history of the name Amia
This name means beloved or loved dearly.
- Famous real-life people named Amia
- Amia in song, story & screen